Case Study: Loews Hotel Girlfriend Getaway
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): The Loews Hotel is one of the most iconic and largest hotels that stretch along the sands of South Beach. The hotel is a client of ours; our work with them has included partnering with both their marketing/PR and retail divisions on a number of events and activations. One of those is their annual Girlfriend Getaway, sponsored by Ocean Drive Magazine.
It’s an event that acknowledges the important relationships between girlfriends that often get pushed aside when ‘life happens.’ Hey, who doesn’t understand that? And that’s exactly why the Loews put together this annual event – so that girlfriends could take a staycation (or vacation) at the hotel and get pampered, relax and savor the experience on the beach.
Well, we were lucky enough to be in charge of producing all of the premiums for that great event. That list included:
- E-conscious organic canvas farmers market bag with the Loew’s Hotel logo on the front – they hired airbrush artists to paint the ladies’ names on the bag at the event, too, so that each woman got a stylish bag with a customized look.
- Hot pink eyelash sleep masks – because a ‘regular’ sleep mask would be boring, wouldn’t it?
- Make-up and lingerie rubber duckies (we’re on a mission to help Ernie & Bert bring make them cool again)
- Hot pink stadium cups for drinks by the pool – because let’s face it – Martini glasses are so passé, aren’t they?
- All natural, vanilla flavored lip balm – definitely need protection from that bright sunlight!
- Super hot silver and gold sunglasses (the gold glasses said I heart GG on the lenses).
- Hand fans with retro imagery and fun wine quotes – fitting for a Girlfriend Getaway, to say the least.
Granted, even without our involvement, a Girlfriend Getaway weekend at the Loews Hotel is a heck of a great time. But based on the Facebook and Instagram posts, not to mention all the tweets, it’s clear that cool, relevant SWAG is a great way to add to the fun to your event and generate buzz at the same time.
A success? We’d say so. Needless to say, we can’t wait to work on next year’s event. And we can’t help but give a shout-out to Linda and Melissa from the Loews, who were awesome to work with and open to our ideas. Call us to learn more about our ideas for your next event! 888-752-0432.
Stay Hip to the Latest SWAG Trends - Sign Up For Our Newsletter!